The Luxury Collection Hotels and Resorts Launches Journeys by the Luxury Collection an Exclusive Series of Once-in-a-Lifetime Curated Travel Experiences
The Luxury Collection Becomes First Major Hospitality Brand To Offer Comprehensive and Customizable Travel Experiences In Top Travel Destinations Around The Globe
New York City, August 23, 2010 – Building on its position as a portal to the world’s most desirable destination experiences, The Luxury Collection brand of hotels and resorts is launching a series of expertly curated itineraries aimed at giving guests the most authentic, enriching, and personal encounters within sought-after global destinations.
The Luxury Collection Hotels & Resorts, a glittering ensemble of more than 70 of the finest hotels and resorts across the globe, has joined forces with specialty tour operator AuthentEscapes to bring these exceptional experiences to guests’ fingertips by connecting them with personal guides, genuine discoveries, and exclusive access within each destination. Malaka and Ryan Hilton, the travel designers behind AuthentEscapes, are recognized by Travel + Leisure and Condé Nast Traveler, for coordinating transformative experiences for travelers in every corner of the world.
For each “Journeys by The Luxury Collection” experience, a property within The Luxury Collection portfolio will provide a home base that offers: Magnificent décor, spectacular settings, impeccable service and the latest modern conveniences.
“Our guests already trust The Luxury Collection for exceptional and highly personal luxury travel experiences,” said Paul James, global brand leader for The Luxury Collection at Starwood Hotels and Resorts Worldwide. “With ‘Journeys,’ we’re building on that relationship to enhance their sense of discovery and inspiration from The Luxury Collection destinations.”
Seven unforgettable itineraries will launch the “Journeys by The Luxury Collection” portfolio, with each colored by interests including Family, Safari, Food & Wine, Romance, Beach, and Adventure. Ten more “Journeys” are planned for 2011, with more to roll out the following year. “Journeys by The Luxury Collection” itineraries are completely customizable, and offered with optional recommended excursions:
· The Treasures of Greece: Traverse through a magnificent history Homer once chronicled and discover a mythic world of unrivaled architecture set amongst picture-perfect beaches. Accommodations: Hotel Grand Bretagne, Athens; Vedema Resort, Santorini Island; Santa Marina Resort and Villas, Mykonos
· La Dolce Vita: Experience a once-in-a-lifetime journey through private galleries and grand estates as you traverse an unrivalled art, architecture and culinary trail. Accommodations: Grand Hotel, Florence; Hotel Gritti Palace, Venice; Hotel Danieli, Venice
· An Iberian Escape: In Spain’s Basque Region, be welcomed to a dynamic culture where cobblestone neighborhoods lie alongside contemporary art destinations in a breathtaking and celebratory environment. Accommodations: Hotel Maria Cristina, San Sebastian; Hotel Marquis de Riscal, Elciego; Hotel Alfonso XIII, Seville
· An Idyllic Paradise of Natural Wonders: Be connected to the history of Thai civilization as you cruise along the stunning Chao Praya, the River of Kings and its myriad of canals… Then explore sparkling white-sand beaches and dramatic emerald green waters on remote islands and sail through a timeless paradise. Accommodations: Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, Bangkok; Sheraton Grande Laguna, Phuket
· An Argentinean Adventure: Embrace adventure in the Paris of South America and its surrounding countryside, where a celebratory culture of fine dining, tango dancing and unforgettable viticulture awaits. Accommodations: Sheraton Park Tower, Buenos Aires; Patios de Cafayate, Cafayate
· A Majestic Venture Through India: Venture across India from New Delhi to Mumbai. Be inspired by a wealth of captivating architecture. Encounter the warm spirit of the Indian people. Accommodations: The Maurya, New Delhi The Mughai, Agra; The Sonar, Kolkata; The Kakatiya, Hyderabad; The Windsor, Bengaluru; ITC Royal Gardenia, Bengaluru; ITC Grand Central, Mumbai; ITC Maratha, Mumbai
· Inside the Crush with Dick Vermeil: Be welcomed to Napa’s annual fall harvest, known as “The Crush,” with an insider’s tour of celebrated area wineries. Each day, you will visit a selection of Napa’s finest estates for exclusive private tours and tastings. Accommodations: The Palace Hotel, San Francisco
· An Arabian Adventure: Become inspired by Dubai, the City of Gold, with its incredible architectural monuments, enchanting moonlight cruises, golden sand dunes and thrilling desert safaris. Accommodations: Grosvenor House, Dubai
Guests can learn more about “Journeys by the Luxury Collection” at http://www.luxurycollectionjourneys.com or 877-202-0731. “Journeys by The Luxury Collection” are also fully commissionable for travel professionals, who gain access to an unparalleled series of top-tier, turnkey travel experiences for clients.
About The Luxury Collection Hotels & Resorts
The Luxury Collection® brand is a selection of hotels and resorts offering unique, authentic experiences that evoke lasting, treasured memories. For the global explorer, The Luxury Collection properties offer a gateway to the world’s most exciting and desirable destinations. Each hotel and resort is a unique and cherished expression of its location; a portal to the destination’s indigenous charms and treasures. Magnificent décor, spectacular settings, impeccable service and the latest modern conveniences combine to provide a uniquely enriching experience. Today, The Luxury Collection portfolio of properties is a glittering ensemble of more than 70 of the world’s finest hotels and resorts in more than 30 countries in bustling cities and spectacular destinations around the world. The Luxury Collection brand includes award-winning hotels that continuously exceed guest expectations by offering unparalleled service, style and class in some of the most desired destinations in the world. Most recently, Mystique, a resort in The Luxury Collection portfolio of properties, was honoured with the 2008 Travel + Leisure Design Award for Best Small Resort in the world. All of these hotels, many of them centuries old, are internationally recognized as being among the world’s finest. For more information, please visit www.theluxurycollection.com.
About Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc.
Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. is one of the leading hotel and leisure companies in the world with 1000 properties in nearly 100 countries and territories with 145,000 employees at its owned and managed properties. Starwood Hotels is a fully integrated owner, operator and franchisor of hotels, resorts and residences with the following internationally renowned brands: St. Regis®, The Luxury Collection®, W®, Westin®, Le Méridien®, Sheraton®, Four Points® by Sheraton, and the recently launched Aloft®, and Element SM. Starwood Hotels also owns Starwood Vacation Ownership, Inc., one of the premier developers and operators of high quality vacation interval ownership resorts. For more information, please visit www.starwoodhotels.com.
(Note: This press release contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of federal securities regulations. Forward-looking statements are not guarantees of future performance or events and involve risks and uncertainties and other factors that may cause actual results or events to differ materially from those anticipated at the time the forward-looking statements are made. These risks and uncertainties are presented in detail in our filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Although we believe the expectations reflected in such forward-looking statements are based upon reasonable assumptions, we can give no assurance that our expectations will be attained or that results and events will not materially differ. We undertake no obligation to publicly update or revise any forward-looking statement, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.) The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.